If you want to go on to physics graduate school, you will likely need to take the Physics GRE during the fall of your senior year. The test is usually given three times a year in April, September, and October. To register go to the ETS website. You can also apply for a reduced fee if you qualify.
- GRE Physics Test Practice Book
- This Stanford website has links to old GRE tests
- The book “Conquering the Physics GRE” is extremely useful.
- You can get free electronic flash cards from Case Western University
- Solutions to some old tests are given here. Although, make sure you have a test-taking plan in place before you take the tests and use the answers wisely!
CUWiP – The Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics is a great opportunity to meet other students from around the US.
APS – The American Physical Society holds two main meetings in March and April, where thousands of physicists get together to present their latest results. As an undergraduate, it is FREE to become a member. Members also receive a free copy of the Physics Today magazine.
AAS – The American Astronomical Society holds two main meetings a year. You can find career opportunities on their website, such as summer internships and jobs.
The Physics Nucleus is a fantastic website to find research and internship opportunities, scholarships, and SPS chapters in the US.